A computer network allows sharing of resources and information among devices connected to the network. Wireless network refers to any type of computer network that is wireless, and is commonly associated with a telecommunications network whose interconnections between nodes is implemented without the use of wires.
- Facilitating communications. Using a network, people can communicate efficiently and easily via e-mail, instant messaging, chat rooms, telephony, video telephone calls, and video conferencing.
- Sharing hardware. In a networked environment, each computer on a network can access and use hardware on the network. Suppose several personal computer on a network each require the use of a laser printer. If the personal computers and a laser printer are connected to a network, each then access the laser printer on the network, as they need it.
- Sharing files, data, and information. In a network environment, any authorized user can access data and information stored on other computers on the network. The capability of providing access to data and information on shared storage devices is an important feature of many networks.
- Sharing softwares. Users connected to a network can access application programs on the network.
ACNC: Advance Computer Networking Course
- Basic Network Concepts
- Types of Network
- Network Topologies
- Installation of Server 2003
- DHCP Server
- Client Operating System
- ISA Server
- Domain Controller
- Software Configuration
- MAC Filtering
- Address Reservation
697 total views, 3 views today